Translate

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Experiment #6: Rice Noodles with Vegetables

I was staring in my pantry today and did a little Iron Chef-esque challenge.  I've had these Stir-Fry Rice Noodles in there for a while, and I really should use them up.  Fortunately for me, there was a recipe on the back of the package.  I thought what the heck.  I'll try it.

Rice Noodles with Vegetables
From Thai Kitchen package of Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
14 pz. Package rice noodles
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 oz. tofu, cubed (I used organic sprouted tofu)
Mixed Vegetables, chopped ( I used green onion, chard, broccoli, carrot)
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
4 Tbsp. Tamari
1 Tbsp. Sugar (optional)

1) Bring a pot of water to boil. Remove from heat and immerse package (14 oz.) of Stir-Fry Rice Noodles in hot water; let stand 8 to 10 minutes until noodles are soft but firm.  Drain and rinse with cold water.

2)  In a wok, heat oil over medium high heat.  Add tofu and brown.  Add vegetables and quickly cook for 5 to 10 minutes until desired doneness.

3)  Add softened noodles, fish sauce, tamari and sugar and stir-fry the noodles until they are tender and all ingredients are cooked.  (If the noodles are too firm, [which they were for me], add 1 tsp. of water as needed and continue to stir-fry until tender.)

Serves 4 to 8.

I thought this was a great quick, healthy meal and would definitely make it again.  I like to cook gluten-free, wheat free and egg free once in a while.  These noodles fit the bill!


No comments:

Post a Comment