Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Experiment #9: Soba Noodle Salad

Another day of staring into my pantry and trying to use items that I purchased and have just been sitting there.  Today's Iron Chef Challenge was Soba Noodles.

I had a package of Hakubaku Organic Soba authentic Japanese buckwheat noodles in the pantry and fortunately it had a recipe to try on the back.  I left out the smoked salmon, which seemed weird to me and added a bell pepper to add more vegetables.

Cucumber, Bell Pepper and Soba Noodle Salad
Serves 3 to 4

9.5 oz. Hokubaku Soba Noodles
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped

4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly ginger, finely grated
1 scant tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Tamari

In a bowl, make the dressing by whisking together lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and tamari.

Cook Soba noodles according to package directions and drain.  (It took 4 minutes in boiling water.)

In a large bowl, combine noodles, cucumber, red bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro.  Pour dressing over the noodles and vegetables and toss.  Serve warm or cold.

I really enjoyed this fairly quick meal.  It was a light meal that was easy to make.  I would definitely make this recipe again, but I might need to add more dressing for my taste to the amount of noodles.  I might double it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment