Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Experiment #15: Sweet Potato Hash and a Fried Egg

I was watching the Food Network the other day and saw Anne Burrell make sweet potato hash.  It was an interesting idea and I had some sweet potatoes lying around so I thought I would do a version of it.  She used bacon in her recipe and although I didn't have any, I don't think it needed it.

The sweet potatoes were delicious on their own with onions and sweet red bell pepper.  It was breakfast time so I enjoyed it with a fried egg on top over medium. 

Sweet Potato Hash
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped 

To begin with, I steamed the sweet potatoes until cooked. Try to pierce it with a knife to make sure they are soft.

Then I sauteed the onion until slightly softened in olive oil, about 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat.  

I added the red bell pepper and the cooked sweet potato and cooked the mixture until the sweet potatoes developed a little bit of a firm crisp exterior, about 5 minutes.  

Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

I really liked this dish.  It featured the natural sweetness of the sweet potato.  I will definitely make this again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment