Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dinner Notes: Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes

This is not really a recipe.  It's just delicious simple food, but I thought I would write about it anyways.

Today I saw some organic brussel sprouts in the grocery store and they looked really good to me.  I remember growing up and not liking them so much, but over the years I've come to appreciate them especially roasted, a cooking method that often gives vegetables a delightful sweetness and concentrated flavor.

Quite simply I cut the brussels sprouts in half or quartered if they are very large.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast at 325F for 10 minutes.  Quick and delicious!

For the sweet potatoes I peel the sweet potatoes and sliced them and quartered the slices.  I also drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and these roast at 325F for 20 - 25 minutes.

The sweet potatoes offset the bitterness of the brussels sprouts.  Delicious!  I felt good about this antioxidant packed side dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment