Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dinner Notes: Fish Tacos

I thought I would give you an easy dinner idea if you are in need like I was of a fresh idea.

I made fish tacos with lime yogurt sauce.  Here's how it stacked up:

I started with a warmed corn tortilla and topped with Panko breaded Tilapia from Trader Joe's frozen section.  Instead of the usual cabbage slaw on tacos, I used chiffonade of kale. This year's summer tomatoes are delightful and I used a beautiful Brandywine heirloom tomato chopped up.  A bit of chopped cilantro and then a lime yogurt dipping sauce I made up.

How to build the taco (Bottom up):
Corn Tortilla
A few slices of Panko Breaded Tilapia
Chiffonade of Kale
Diced tomato
Chopped Cilantro
Avocado slices
Lime Yogurt sauce

Lime Yogurt sauce 
1 cup of Organic Whole fat Yogurt (strained or use greek yogurt instead)
1 teaspoon Lime Zest
Juice of 1/2 lime

Mix together..  It's delicious!

Need to Strain your Yogurt?
Click on the following link. It's in my grilled lamb with tzatziki sauce recipe:
http://samanthaexperimentswithfood.blogspot.com/2013/05/grilled-lamb-with-tzatziki-in-flatbread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment