Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Recipes I've Tried But Haven't posted

I made these Chicken Drumsticks a while ago from a Nigella Lawson recipe Buttermilk chicken.  I dipped them in crushed corn flakes after marinating the chicken and baked it.  It was delicious.  The subtle sweet maple syrup flavor and the spices were wonderful.

 Here is the link to the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/buttermilk-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html


I watched Giada de Laurentis make a calamari salad for one of her family's Christmas dinners.  It has tomatoes, garlic, and a lemon caper sauce that goes on top.  Calamari didn't look good when I went to the store the other day so I ended up with snapper.  I added some baby spinach, baby kale and baby chard to the mix for more nutrition.  It was very good.  I kind of flew by the seat of my pants on this one.  Just from watching the show.  Giada's was more of a salad.  My dish was a hot entree.  I served it over whole wheat spaghetti.

Here is the link to the official recipe:  Again I did this from memory when I actually made it.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/calamari-tomato-and-caper-salad-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment