Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

I swear I've been cooking up a storm

I have been busy with life and have not been able to post in quite some time.  I thought maybe I would at least give you an idea of what I have been up to and post the photos of what I've been cooking.  Hopefully I'll be able to write up the text to them soon.

Dinner note: Sauteed onions with red bell peppers and chicken with a sprinkling of taco seasoning.  I enjoyed this over cooked brown rice and black beans with avocado. 

A recipe from a magazine I purchased: Lemon chicken.  Not quite a hit with the family, but something different.  It needs a bit of tweaking.  

A BBQ with friends:
Martha Stewart's All American Potato salad.  I stayed fairly true to the recipe, but I didn't understand why she wanted to cook the potatoes whole and peel them while they were blazing hot.  So I cut the potatoes in cubes before cooking.  An awesome recipe!  

My sister in law, Kim's dip.  A favorite with black beans, corn, red bell pepper, green onions, avocado, red onion.  I think I might add more avocado next time, because I love avocado.  

My pasta salad:
Kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, fresh thyme, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and salt.  


What I brought over to my friends' house after they had their baby:
A fresh salad with a salad dressing made of orange muscat champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, and olive oil

 Roasted Rainbow carrots with herbs de provence and olive oil

 Roasted chicken: spatchcocked, cut down the back and cooked in a flatted form.  Seasoned with lots of kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.  Cooked on a bed of onions. 


After being bored with breakfast options:
Baked oatmeal muffins from a blog Faux Martha.  
I added chopped pecans, used dried cranberries.  My son loves these muffins a lot!

Trying to add more iron in my diet I made a beef chili:
America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook: I substituted a can of black beans for a can of kidney beans, and I eliminated the cayenne pepper.  Delicious!  I think I might need more beans, and it needed more salt.  

Experiments: 59-68

No comments:

Post a Comment