Translate

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Experiment #79: Tarragon Chicken Salad

I have purchased something like this rough recipe before and my son loves it.  The anise flavor from the tarragon, the slight bite of red onion, and the sweetness from the red grapes.  I love the combination.  

I had a lot of chicken breast leftover from the weekend and decided to try. I have fresh tarragon growing in my garden, which I haven't used.  

Tarragon Chicken Salad
One large roasted chicken breast, cut into large cubes, about 1 1/2 cups
A handful of red grapes, cut in half
A dollop of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red onion, chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together and adjust to taste. 

The Results
I enjoyed this chicken salad on a slice of toasted bread as an open faced sandwich. My son even liked it.  I would definitely make this again. Oops. I forgot that I wanted to add chopped celery. I will have to do that next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment